This recipe works for: Main Dish
Serving Size: 8
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise, light or regular
- ¼ cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) California Cling peach halves, in fruit juice or light syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) pkg coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped coriander
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless boneless chicken cutlets, about 3 or 4
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Tex-Mex seasoning
- 8 large taco shells or small flour tortillas
- Hot sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, stir mayo with yogurt, lime juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Drain peaches well and chop. Place in a bowl along with slaw, coriander and mayo mixture. Stir.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Tex-Mex seasoning and a pinch of salt if there isn’t any in the seasoning mix.
- Set on barbecue and grill turning halfway through until cooked, 4 to 6 minutes in total. Thinly slice.
- To assemble, warm shells or tortillas. Toss chicken with slaw and serve with hot sauce if using.
Recipe Source: calclingpeach.com