Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 store roasted seasoned chicken any kind of seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ 14.5 oz. can fire roasted salsa
- 1 14.5 oz. can of garbanzo beans
- 1 14.5 oz. can of pinto beans
- ½ small bag of frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crumbled tortilla chips
- Pull chicken off of chicken bones, chop large pieces and put all edible parts in large pot, include any juice or gelatin from bottom of chicken container (all good for flavor).
- Add all contents of canned ingredients, corn and chicken stock or broth to pot.
- Add spices and minced garlic and heat all ingredients to a boil.
- Turn down burner so pot simmers for 45 minutes – 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare and serve remaining ingredients—cheese, cilantro and chips—as a garnish. Serve soup with fresh warm bread and butter.