This recipe works for: Salad
- 12 to 16 Spears asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ pound Fava beans, in their shells
- 2 ounces Whipped goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- 3 stems Broccoli, peeled, ends trimmed, thinly sliced on diagonal*
- 1 Fennel bulb, fronds removed, end trimmed, thinly sliced*
- ½ cup Fresh blueberries (optional, season-dependent)
- ¾ cup Royal Harvest Whole Dried Wild Blueberries
- 4 ounces Micro greens (“rainbow mix,” or as preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (fruity variety is best)
- pinch Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus on a sheet pan and top with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Using hands, lightly toss to coat and spread asparagus out in single layer on sheet.
- Roast for 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool to room temp.
- Meanwhile, shell fava beans and parboil in lightly salted water for 1 minute.
- Remove to an ice bath to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk ingredients for vinaigrette (lemon juice through honey), until honey is complete dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, until fully incorporated.
- Season with salt and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix goat cheese with lemon zest and honey. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine sliced broccoli stems, fennel, fresh and dried blueberries and cooled beans.
- Lightly toss with prepared vinaigrette.
- Assemble plates by first placing a dollop (or “cannelle”) of goat cheese just off center on plate.
- Arrange 4 to 5 spears of broccoli around cheese. Spoon dressed veggies in and around plated ingredients.
- Top with handful or two of microgreens.
- Place a few dried blueberries on top of greens for garnish. Serve immediately.