Grilled Lamb and Cherry Curry Aioli Pita
This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 2 cups Red wine, such as Merlot
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Red chili flakes
- 2 pounds Leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Oregon Cherry Growers Rainier Cherries, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 4 each Pita pocket, warmed
- 1/2 cup Red onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Lettuce, shredded
To prepare the lamb:
Combine the red wine, red chili flakes, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add lamb; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 4-8 hours. Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 4-5 cubes of lamb onto metal skewers.
To make the aioli:
Mix the mayonnaise, Rainier Cherries, and curry powder in a bowl until combined.
To prepare the sandwich:
Heat grill to high; season with oil.
Grill lamb for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, until meat is cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
To build one sandwich, spread 2 tablespoons of aioli inside each pita pocket. Fill with 6 ounces of grilled lamb, sliced red onion