Individual Peach Pavlovas
This recipe works for: Dessert
Serving Size: 4
- 1 can California Cling peach slices in fruit juice concentrate or light syrup, drained well
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla or honey flavored Greek yogurt
- Icing sugar and cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using a pencil, and the peach can, trace 4 circles on parchment paper. Then flip parchment paper over. You should still see the circles.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar with cornstarch. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar on high, just until they hold soft peaks. While continuing to beat, add sugar mixture about 1 tbsp at a time. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Continue to beat until egg whites are glossy and stiff.
- Divide mixture evenly among circles. Using the back of a spoon, gently spread mixture using circles as a guide, about 3 1/2 inches. Create a depression in the centre, leaving about 1/2-inch rim all the way around. Depression will hold cream and peaches. Bake in preheated oven until set, about 40 minutes. Turn off oven, prop oven door slightly and leave pavlovas in oven about 40 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt. Sweeten if needed. Spoon into pavlova’s depression. Top with peaches. Dust with a combo icing sugar and cinnamon.
See more Canned Peach Recipes