Pesto Pasta with Tri-Color Tomatoes
For the pesto
- 1 bunch fresh basil about 1 1/2 cups tightly packed
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted blanched almonds
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Place pesto ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss Tri-Color Salad Ready Tomato Wedges (drained) with red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil; cook pasta until "al dente". Drain pasta; return to pot.
- Add pesto and tomatoes and toss with hot pasta over medium high heat until piping hot.
- Serve, topping with grated cheese as desired. Enjoy!