Rainier Cherry Energy Bar
This recipe works for: Breakfast
- 10 tablespoons Amaranth
- 2 cups Brown rice syrup
- 1-1/3 cups Almond butter
- 2 cups Almonds, toasted, chopped
- 2 cups Rice cereal
- 2 cups Oregon Cherry Growers Rainier Cherries, stems removed, chopped
- 2 cups Dried cranberries
- Line a 9-in. x 13-in. x 3-in. baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Toast amaranth in a cast iron pan over medium heat, for 2-3 minutes or until it pops. Remove from heat.
- Bring brown rice syrup and almond butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat.
- Add toasted amaranth, almonds, rice cereal, Ranier cherries, and cranberries.
- Press mixture into aluminum lined baking pan; let cool at room temperature.
- Lift the foil to remove from the pan; discard foil.
- On a cutting board, cut into 4-in. by 1-1/2 in. bars.
See more Canned Cherry Recipes