Strawberries & White Chocolate Cream Cookies
This recipe works for: Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using fingers, separate dried strawberries into a small bowl. Dust with 1 teaspoon flour and gently mix to coat berries. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and oats in a large bowl, whisking to mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed, until fully mixed and creamy in consistency. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly until fully incorporated. While still mixing, add in vanilla. Scrap down sides of bowl with flat spatula (with mixer “off”), if necessary. Reduce speed to low and, working in batches, add in dry ingredients, until fully incorporated into batter, scrapping down bowl intermittently, as necessary. While still on low speed, add in flour-dusted dried strawberries and nuts, mixing until just incorporated into batter.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter (approximately 2 tablespoons in volume) on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between mounds. Bake 10 to 14 minutes, until lightly golden.* Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat white chocolate chips in a double boiler (glass bowl set over a pot filled with 1- to 2-inches of water; just enough water that once boiling it does not touch bottom of glass bowl). As chocolate begins to melt, stir in almond milk. Stir often, until chocolate has completely melted and is smooth and creamy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- For ease in cleanup, set rack of cookies on a sheet of wax paper (or over a cookie sheet pan) to prep for icing. Nestle cookies close together. Using a large spoon, slowly drizzle white chocolate cream over cookies in a smooth, sweeping, zigzag motion. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes to set.
*Note: depending on size of cookies sheets and size of oven, this recipe is likely accomplished in two bakings, two cookies sheets per baking)