Bordeaux Cherry & Burrata Flatbread Pizza
- 2 3-ounce whole grain naan or other flatbreads
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 14 jarred pitted Bordeaux cherries, well-drained & stems removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh basil leaves divided
- 6 ounces fresh creamy burrata or fresh mozzarella
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes optional
- Preheat a largebaking sheet in a 475°F oven.
- Brush the top of thenaan with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- In a medium bowlusing a fork or back of a spoon, gently smash and stir the cherries withbalsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, and remaining 1tablespoon olive oil. Thinly slice 6 of the basil leaves and stir into cherrymixture. Spread the cherry mixture onto both naan.
- Transfer the naanflatbreads onto the hot baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 7 minutes. Topwith the burrata and bake until the burrata is fully heated through, about 3minutes more.
- Sprinkle with the remaining1/8 teaspoon salt, 6 basil leaves and, if desired, hot pepper flakes. Sliceinto 3 pieces each to serve.