Makes about 16, 1/2 cup servings. Total cook time ~30 minutes.
- 2 cups Uncooked Rice (cook in vegetable stock/broth, according to package directions)
- 4 cups Vegetable stock/broth (for cooking rice)
- 2 cups greens (micro greens, baby spinach, kale, etc.) or 2 bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 10 – 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium English Cucumber seeded and diced (optional)
- 15 oz. Can Diced (or petite diced) Tomatoes, drained
- 4 – 6 Green Onions, sliced (optional)
- 2 Lemons (will use zest and juice)
- 1/4 cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook rice according to package directions – use Vegetable broth instead of water. Once cooked, cool then place in fridge to chill.
Prepare all vegetables (greens or parsley, mint, cucumber, tomatoes, and onions) and place in fridge to chill.
Zest lemons and juice. In a glass jar or container, mix oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt & pepper. Set aside and keep at room temperature.
Once all ingredients are chilled (2 – 3 hours or overnight), combine rice, parsley, mint, cucumber, tomatoes, and onions in a large glass bowl. Use a fork to keep rice fluffy. Add dressing and stir. Add additional salt and pepper as needed.
Chill salad until ready to serve.