- 1 #10 can Tomato crushed all purpose drained
- 2 cup sweet onion brunoise
- 2 cup celery brunoise
- 2 cup carrot brunoise
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 5 each Bay leaves
- 5 oz Pork ground
- 5 oz Veal ground
- 5 oz Beef ground
- 5 oz Veal Glace
- ½ bunch Rosemary minced
- ½ bunch Thyme minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Chianti
- 4 oz butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Egg noodles
- Saute the onions, celery, carrots and garlic in a Rondeau with oil until brown.
- Add the bay leaves, veal, pork and beef; cook and reduce until the water has evaporated.
- Tilt pot as often as possible and skim the fat that accumulates.
- Deglaze with the wine then add the glace & cream, reduce into sauce consistency.
- Add the tomatoes, red pepper, thyme and rosemary; reduce to sauce consistency.
- Season to taste, fold in butter and serve over al dente egg noodles.