Bubbly Bordeaux Cherry Sorbet "Mimosa"
- 1 13.5-ounce jar Royal Harvest Bordeaux Maraschino Cherries
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 375 ml bottle dry sparkling wine, champagne, prosecco, or sparkling cider well-chilled
- Remove the stems from the cherries. Reserve the juice from the jar of cherries. Note: These cherries are already seeded.
- Add the cherries and 2 ounces of the juice* from the jar to a blender. Add the rosemary and zest. Puree on high speed until well blended, at least 2 minutes.
- Pour the cherry mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes; fully scrape up the cherry mixture with a fork then evenly spread back out in the pan. Every 30 minutes, repeat this freeze/scrape/spread step at least 4 more times until the mixture forms a scoopable sorbet.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop or spoon, divide the sorbet among four sturdy cocktail or champagne glasses. Top each with the sparkling wine. Serve immediately along with small spoons for enjoying the sorbet or stirring it into the drink. Hint: If you stir it in, you’ll notice rosemary and zest “confetti” rises to the surface!
Here’s a celebration drink that doubles as a fruity dessert! It’s simple to make yet seems quite fancy. First, you’ll make the Bordeaux cherry sorbet which is easily done in the freezer; no ice cream maker required. Then you’ll scoop it up into cocktail glasses and top it off with sparkling wine. The recipe uses a petite bottle of champagne that’s idea for petite parties!