Picadillo Pear Ole
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 4 pounds onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 64 oz canned crushed tomato with liquid
- 85 oz diced pears in juice drained
- 1-1/2 cups Vinegar
- Brown beef until it begins to release its fat.
- Stir in onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 10 minutes; drain off excess fat.
- Stir in seasonings; cook, stirring 1 minute. Stir in tomato, pears and vinegar; simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.SERVING SUGGESTIONSUse as a filling for tacos, tostadas or burritos or as an entrée with rice and a vegetable.