Picadillo Pear Ole
This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 8 pounds Ground beef
- 4 pounds (3 quarts) Onion, chopped
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 3-3/4 pounds (2 quarts) Crushed tomato, canned, with liquid
- 5-1/4 pounds (3 quarts) Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Dices, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Vinegar
1. Brown beef until it begins to release its fat.
2. Stir in onion. Cook until onion is soft, about 10 minutes; drain off excess fat.
3. Stir in seasonings; cook, stirring 1 minute. Stir in tomato, pears and vinegar; simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
Use as a filling for tacos, tostadas or burritos or as an entrée with rice and a vegetable.