This recipe works for: Salad
2 frozen chicken tenders
1 Tablespoon fruit cocktail juice
1 Tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cups chopped kale (or other greens)
1/3 can fruit cocktail
1/2 c chopped vegetables
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place two frozen chicken tenders in small frying pan. Heat over medium-high heat, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until there’s no pink in the center, or they reach 165 degrees. If using thawed chicken tenders, check for doneness after 5-6 minutes. Slice and set aside when done.
- Make salad dressing by combining 1 T fruit cocktail juice, 1 T lemon or lime juice, ½ T olive oil, and 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard. Add a dash of salt. Add more fruit cocktail juice to sweeten the dressing, if desired.
- Massage 2 c chopped kale leaves by rubbing leaves between your hands to soften them. Place kale in serving bowl.
- Grab leftover veggies from the fridge or canned veggies from the pantry, chop into small pieces. (celery, carrots, red onion, cucumber, bell peppers, etc.). Add to kale in a bowl.
- Top kale and vegetables with 1/3 can of (drained) fruit cocktail and chicken. Drizzle dressing over salad immediately before eating. Enjoy with a roll, toast, or your favorite grain.
Save remaining fruit cocktail to add to yogurt in the morning, eat with a cheese stick or cottage cheese for a snack.