- Certify all products under the Quality Assurance Program.
- Review inspection records, verify results, and provide management with verification results.
- Monitor the sanitation program and provide suggestions for improvement to management.
- Provide interpretation of USDA Processed Products Branch regulations and procedures.
- Provide interpretation of the U.S. Standards for Grades, and on-site evaluation of proposed standard changes.
- Continue evaluation of plant for compliance with the Food and Drug “Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations”.
- Provide interpretation of requirements contained in specifications such as for state purchases, USDA purchased commodities, and private buyers specifications.
- Provide classroom and workshop training for Quality Control plant personnel as requested.
Web site link: www.usda.gov