This recipe works for: Appetizer
- 1 cup Pacific Northwest Canned Pear juice (see below)
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Dark sesame oil
- 2-4 tablespoons Chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup Pickled ginger, minced
- 144 pieces Shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 count/lb.)
- 48 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 24 leaves Baby bib lettuce leaves
- 1-1/2 quarts Pear Relish*
- 1 cup Dark sesame oil
- 24 Fresh cilantro leaves
* PEAR RELISH
- 1-1/4 quarts Pacific Northwest Canned Pears, drained, finely diced, juice reserved for marinade
- 2/3 cup Cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chili-garlic sauce
1. In container with lid, whisk together Pear juice, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, chili sauce and ginger; add shrimp, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Before cooking, remove shrimp from marinade and drain.
2. Weave shrimp evenly onto skewers, 3 shrimp per skewer.
3. To Prepare: Grill 2 skewers per serving to order over medium-high heat.
4. To Serve: for each serving, place lettuce leaf on plate and mound 1/4 cup Pear Relish* over leaf. Top with 2 shrimp skewers and drizzle with 2 teaspoons Sesame oil. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprig.
Pear Relish: In a bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to mix well; cover and refrigerate a least 2 hours before using as directed. Mixture may be processed slightly for smoother texture to serve as dipping sauce.