This recipe works for: Breakfast
- 2 cups Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Dices, drained
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 8 Whole grain biscuits, frozen (2.25-3 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Warm water
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place frozen biscuits on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Allow to thaw at room temperature, approximately 30 minutes.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine pears, sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Mix well.
4. On a floured board, pat each thawed biscuit in flour to lightly coat each side.
5. With a rolling pin, roll biscuit out to 6″ diameter. Lay each rolled biscuit, evenly spaced, on a parchment lined sheet pan.
6. Using slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup of pear filling in the center of each biscuit.
7. With pastry brush, lightly brush warm water on outside edges of the biscuit dough, and fold dough over to create a pocket. With fork, gently press edges to seal.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes in conventional oven, 10-12 minutes in a convection oven, or until golden brown.