This recipe works for: Main Dish
Serving Size: 4
- 4 trimmed chicken breast (1 lb)
- 1 10oz can Salad Ready Tomato Wedges (tri-color or original) with Olive Oil and Italian Spices
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp store bought balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil
- Season chicken breast with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and some salt and pepper. The chicken breast will be cooking quickly in a skillet so if they are particularly thick you might want to cut them in half or pound them thin. Each breast is about 4 oz.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sear on each side for 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Reduce heat and pour the juice from the tomatoes over the chicken breast. Top each breast with ½ oz of shredded mozzarella and then divide the tomato wedges over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook for an addition 5-8 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temp has reached 165F.
- Drizzle the chicken breast with balsamic glaze and top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Rachel's Healthy Plate