This recipe works for: Side
- 1 can (15oz) Drained sweet pitted dark cherries (reserve juice)
- 1 cup drained cherry liquid
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Dash nutmeg & cloves
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- Salt as needed
- Drain juice from cherries into a measuring cup, adding enough water if needed to make 1 cup.
- Place cherry juice and chicken broth in saucepan with rice, dash of nutmeg and cloves.
- Bring to a boil.
- When boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook rice till tender and all liquid is absorbed (depending on the variety of long grain rice you use, you may have to use more water).
- When rice is tender and cooked, stir in drained reserved cherries and raisins.