Slow-Cooked Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
If you love a good hands-off meal, this one's for you! The combo of canned pineapple chunks, coconut aminos and red onion add so much flavor to the chicken thighs. Plus that creamy cilantro sauce… the best!
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 20 oz pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- sea salt, pepper
- Into the instant pot add the chicken thighs, pineapple, coconut aminos, red onion, garlic, and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Seal the lid onto the pressure cooker, and cook on high pressure for 11 minutes. After 11 minutes, do a quick release of the pressure and place the chicken and pineapple in a serving dish. Shred the chicken with forks.
- In a blender, add the sour cream, mayo, lime juice, green onion, cilantro and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- To build your tacos, warm the tortillas and then add the chicken/pineapple mixture, the sauce and microgreen plus any other favorite taco toppings. ENJOY!