French Bread Pizza with Whipped Ricotta and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 8
- 1 loaf French bread, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Black pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 12 oz whole-milk ricotta
- 2 (10 oz) cans Salad Ready Tomato Wedges in Olive Oil and Italian Spices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use a bread knife to cut off the top of the French bread so it sits flat.
- Brush French bread halves with butter. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and a little bit of pepper. Bake until golden brown and toasted.
- While the bread bakes, add ricotta to a food processor. Pulse until whipped. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a little bit of black pepper.
- Drain the juice from the canned tomatoes, but make sure to reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid. Add the tomatoes along with 1/4 cup of the liquid to a medium bowl. Add remaining salt and a little bit of pepper. Stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the bread comes out of the oven, rub garlic clove all over the surface. Let cool.
- Evenly spread ricotta over bread. Top with Salad Ready Tomato Wedges. Cut each half into four. Serve.
Recipe Source: Cooking For Keepshttp://www.cookingforkeeps.com/french-bread-pizza-with-whipped-ricotta-and-tomatoes/
See more Canned Tomato Recipes