This recipe works for: Dessert
15 oz can of fruit cocktail, drained
One loaf of pound cake (halved and cut into slices)
Dry sherry (optional)
2 cups pudding (cooled )
2 cups heavy whipping cream (softly whipped)
Garnish: 1/4 to 1/2 cup toasted, flaked almonds
- Gather the ingredients.
- Fold one cup of the whipped cream into custard, gently.
- Line the bottom of a trifle dish or individual glasses with half the cake slices.
- Layer half the fruit evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with the sherry and perhaps a touch of the fruit syrup. Spoon over the custard in a thick, even layer.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Finish with a good thick layer of whipped cream, either spooned over or piped using a piping bag.
- Decorate with cherries from the can or toasted sliced almonds.
- Although you can eat right away, the more time you allow to cool and set the better it will be.
Watch the full cooking demo: