This recipe works for: Main Dish
Serving Size: 4
- 4 Ciabatta or hard rolls, split
- 1/2 cup Pear Mustard*
- 4 oz. thinly sliced baked ham
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Swiss or provolone cheese
- 4 oz. thinly sliced roast pork, turkey breast or smoked turkey breast
- 4 Canned Pear halves, drained, reserve juice
- 4 thin dill pickle slices (lengthwise)
- Oil as needed
- 3/4 cup reserved Canned Pear juice
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Lay split rolls on a clean work surface.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. Pear Mustard* on insides of each roll half. Top one half of each roll with: – 2 slices ham – 2 slices cheese – 1 slice of pickle, halved – 1 sliced Pear half – 2 slices pork or turkey
- Replace top of bun over stack and press down to compact. Brush rolls with oil on both sides.
- Grill sandwiches in Panini maker or in a skillet with the top weighed down with a heavy pan or brick until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove sandwiches from heat and let stand 3-4 minutes before slicing in half and serving with plantain chips and/or carrot slices.
- Place Pear Juice in small saucepan and reduce over high heat to 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl whisk together reduce pear juice and mustard until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to use as directed.
Recipe Source: eatcannedpears.com