This recipe works for: Beverage
To prepare cinnamon syrup
- 2 cups water
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
To prepare cocktail
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce juice from jarred Royal Harvest Maraschino Cherries
- 1/4 ounce cinnamon syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Garnish with Royal Harvest Maraschino cherries
*Note: Directions are written using two-piece (Boston) shaker cocktail tins. If using a single shaker, add all ingredients into cup with ice in step 4, then proceed with step 5 by taking lid off of strainer spout.
- Place coupe glass in the freezer to chill.
- To prepare cinnamon simple syrup, add water and cinnamon sticks to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and strain out cinnamon sticks. Place pan back on burner and bring water back to a boil, then add sugar and whisk until all sugar as dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool.*
- To prepare cocktail, add lemon juice, cherry juice, cinnamon syrup and bourbon to the small shaker tin.
- Fill large tin about half-way with ice, then pour contents of small tin over the ice. Secure small tin over the large one and shake vigorously over your shoulder for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Secure strainer over the mouth of the large tin and pour drink into chilled coup. Garnish with 1 or 2 whole cherries. Serve immediately.
*Note: Once cooled, cinnamon syrup can be transferred to a jar or airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.