- 1 1/2 pounds ground sausage(turkey or pork)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chile)
- 5 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt for topping
1. In a large, dutch oven or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for approximately 7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Stir to crumble.
2. Add the next 6 ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add beans, broth, water, and tomatoes to pan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 45 minutes or until chili has thickened. Stir in juice and cilantro. Top each serving with green onions and sour cream as desired.
Photo Adapted from: Culinary in the Country