Perfect Pear Turkey Loaf
This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 8 cups Pacific Northwest Canned Pear Chunks, drained
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 each Carrots
- 1 medium Red bell pepper
- 4 pounds Turkey, lean, ground
- 2 cups Rice, cooked
- 2 each Eggs
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1. Drain pear chunks.
2. In a food processor, shred celery, onion, carrots, and red bell pepper; scrape into a
3. Add turkey, half the pear chunks (reserve the remaining pear chunks for topping), rice, eggs, salt and seasonings; mix well.
4. Divide turkey mixture in two; mound each half into greased 9 x 13″ pans. In each pan, form the turkey mixture into a 12 x 6″ loaf.
5. In a food processor, puree the remaining drained pear chunks with mustard, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice until it resembles applesauce. Spoon topping onto the loaf.
6. Bake loaves at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes. Allow to rest to 10 minutes before slicing each loaf into 12-1″ thick servings. (Discard any accumulated juices.)