This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 1 8oz can of crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup diced olives, pepperoni, or other favorite toppings
Simple Marinara Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, without seasonings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you reach desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings per preference. If a thicker sauce is desired, place sauce in a thin mesh strainer to drain off some juice.
- Unroll and detach crescent rolls and lay flat on a sheet pan. Spread a thin layer (approximately 1 1/2 tbsp) of sauce across each roll.
- Sprinkle rolls lightly with cheese and favorite toppings, being careful not to over fill. Firmly, but gently, roll triangles into a crescent shape. Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.