Quinoa, Avocado & Pear Salad
Serving Size: 6
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can US Bartlett pear halves
- 1 cup colorful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, ripe but firm cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups baby greens, with arugula, kale or mixed
- 2 tbsp pear juice from can
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Generous pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. If there is any water left in pot after cooking, drain. Place quinoa in serving bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, drain pears reserving 2 tbsp juice for dressing. Slice pears into thin wedges. Pat dry. Once quinoa has cooled add pears, tomatoes, avocado, onion and greens to bowl. Gently toss.
- Whisk pear juice with lime juice, cumin, cayenne, garlic, salt and oil. Toss with salad and cilantro. Taste and add salt or lime juice if needed.
Recipe Source: Courtesy of the California Cling Peach Board
See more Canned Pear Recipes