Almond-Coated Goat Cheese Balls
This recipe works for: Appetizer
Serving Size: 20
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 peaches in syrup, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temp
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons syrup from peach can
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant and just golden, about 8 minutes. Remove to a bowl to cool, then chop very finely either by hand or in a food processor. If you use a food processor, be careful not to pulse too much or you’ll end up with nut butter.
- Meanwhile, chop the peaches into a very fine dice. Place in a small mixing bowl and add the fresh goat cheese. Use a silicone spatula to mix very well.
- Shape the goat cheese-peach mixture into 1-inch balls with your hands. You may need to run your hands under cold water occasionally, to prevent balls from sticking. If peach pieces fall out, wedge them back in.
- Place the chopped almonds on a plate and roll the cheese balls through to coat completely. Set on a platter and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the balsamic drizzle: place the vinegar and syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Decrease the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, until syrupy. Scrape into a little bowl to cool.
- Drizzle each ball with some syrup before serving.
Recipe Source: PCP Original Recipe by Cara from Big Girls Small Kitchenhttp://www.biggirlssmallkitchen.com/
See more Canned Peach Recipes