Cherry St. Sour
- 1.5 oz rye
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz cinnamon demerara syrup
- 0.5 oz Amarena cherry juice
- 1 egg white
- full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet
- Dry shake all ingredients except red wine.
- Add ice and shake again.
- Strain into glass.
- Serve in a rocks glass over ice or up in a coupe.
- Finish with a float of red wine and garnish with an Amarena cherry.
For the cinnamon syrup
- Simmer 6 cinnamon sticks with 4 cups of water until it reduces to 2 cups (about 40 minutes).
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Add 2 cups of demerara sugar and stir until dissolved, heating if necessary. (Makes 1 quart)