This recipe works for: Breakfast
1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 cups soymilk, plain, unsweetened
2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
1 cup Bordeaux cherries (can also use fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons cocoa nibs, unsweetened
- Mix together oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, soymilk, and maple syrup (optional) in a small bowl.
- Divide equally among two individual 2-cup containers, such as Mason jars or Weck glass jar storage containers.
- Cover and chill overnight (or about 4 hours).
- Top each container with: ½ cup cherries, 1 tablespoon walnuts, and 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs.
- Cover and store until serving time or enjoy immediately.