This recipe works for: Main Dish
1 T neutral oil (like canola, vegetable, or grapeseed)
1/4 diced onions (OR 1 T dried onions)
1/2 tsp garlic (OR 1/3 tsp garlic powder)
½ tsp salt
3/4 Tablespoon curry powder
1 15oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/3 can coconut milk
2 frozen chicken tenders
1 c brown rice
- Cook 1 c rice according to package instructions. Set aside when done.
- Place two frozen chicken tenders in small frying pan. Heat over medium-high heat, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until there’s no pink in the center, or they reach 165 degrees. If using thawed chicken tenders, check for doneness after 5-6 minutes. Slice and set aside when done.
- Add 1 T oil, ¼ c diced onions, ½ tsp garlic, ½ tsp salt, and ¾ T curry powder to large frying pan. Turn heat onto medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can diced tomatoes (drained), 1/3 can coconut milk to softened onion mixture. Simmer for 10-30 minutes.
- Add brown rice, then chicken and tomato sauce to a bowl. Top with lime juice and cilantro if you have it.
Cook chicken in simmering tomato curry to use fewer dishes. Add more water if needed. Check on thickness of sauce if cooking for 20 or more minutes. You may need to add more liquid to it.