This recipe works for: Breakfast
Serving Size: 3
This recipe is a fun twist on classic protein pancake recipes that can be enjoyed all year long! It’s quick, easy, and provides a healthy breakfast option that’s high in protein, fiber, and vitamin C that the whole family will love. Ingredients Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ground or milled flaxseed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅔ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped canned peaches in juice with 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- In a small bowl or ramekin make flax eggs by mixing together ground flaxseed and ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of warm water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, flax eggs, 1 teaspoon melted butter, and maple syrup.
- Mix in oat flour, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Fold in peaches and juice. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon butter in a large cast iron skillet (or other large skillet) over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, using a ⅓-cup measuring cup, pour ⅓ cup of the pancake batter into the heated skillet. Let cook for 3 minutes on one side before carefully flipping with a spatula. Small bubbles will form when the pancakes are ready to flip. Cook for another 3 minutes on the other side until browned on the edges.
- Serve warm with more peaches and maple syrup.
Recipe Source: Chelsey Amer Nutrition
See more Canned Peach Recipes