This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) California Cling peach halves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- 4 tsp (20 mL) bottled Thai red or green curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each lime juice and finely minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce
- 4 skinless bone-in chicken breasts or legs, with thigh attached
- generous pinches salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro
- Drain peaches, reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) of juice. Slice peaches in half.
- In a large resealable plastic bag or bowl just large enough to hold chicken, whisk coconut milk with curry paste, reserved peach juice, lime juice, ginger and fish sauce.
- Make several shallow diagonal slashes in each chicken piece.
- Then add to marinade and turn to coat. Refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and oil a baking sheet. Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast 25 minutes.
- Add peaches and tomatoes and stir into any juices. Roast until chicken is no longer pink inside about 10 to 15 more minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.