This recipe works for: Main Dish
- 1/2 can 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes or 1 can 7 oz. sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- pizza crust (or you can use a Boboli)
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves
Slice the tomatoes and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let stand for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together the corn, sugar, and Parmesan cheese.
Roll out the pizza dough and spread the pesto all over the top.
Cover the pesto with the corn mixture, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.
Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven (the longer that it preheats the better, I try for at least one hour) for about 15 minutes. The cheese will be melted and the crust golden brown. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves.
Photo adapted from: Baked Bree