Summer Corn and Diced Tomato Pesto Pizza
- 1/2 can of 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes or 1 can 7 oz. sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pizza crust or you can use a Boboli
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- Slice the tomatoes and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the corn, sugar, and Parmesan cheese.
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread the pesto all over the top.
- Cover the pesto with the corn mixture, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven (the longer that it preheats the better, I try for at least one hour) for about 15 minutes. The cheese will be melted and the crust golden brown.
- Sprinkle with torn basil leaves.