This recipe works for: Salad, Side
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen corn
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) California Cling sliced peaches
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 sweet peppers, preferably red and green, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and dried oregano leaves
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped coriander
- Thaw corn. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tbsp (15 mL) juice.
- Then chop peaches into bite-size chunks and add to a large bowl along with corn, beans, peppers and green onions.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk reserved peach juice with oil, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano and cayenne.
- Stir into salad along with coriander. Add more salt and cayenne if needed.