Tex Mex Bean, Sweet Peppers and Peach Salad
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 14 oz can of California Cling sliced peaches
- 1 19 oz can of mixed beans rinsed and drained
- 2 sweet peppers, preferably red and green, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and dried oregano leaves
- generous pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- Thaw corn. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tbsp juice.
- Then chop peaches into bite-size chunks and add to a large bowl along with corn, beans, peppers and green onions.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk reserved peach juice with oil, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano and cayenne.
- Stir into salad along with coriander. Add more salt and cayenne if needed.