Polenta and Steam Peeled Tomatoes
This easy slow cooker polenta recipe saves you time, but gives you a tasty creamy dish. It's elevated with crushed steam peeled tomatoes and ready to pair with your favorite protein for a balanced performance meal.
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 1 28 ounce can crushed, steam peeled canned tomatoes with basil or plain
- 4 cups milk or unsweetened plain soymilk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups yellow corn polenta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter or vegan buttery spread
- In slow cooker basin, stir together all ingredients before covering and setting on low for 3.5-4 hours. If you're home and able, stir once each hour to prevent sticking.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and garlic and a pre-prepped or quick cook protein. Garnish with parmesan or vegan parmesan alternative
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 7 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.