This recipe works for: Main Dish
For the Compote:
15 oz can Sliced Peaches
For the Pork Chops:
4 single cut pork chops, bone in or out, about 1.5#
Medium yellow onion, sliced into half moons
Thyme or Oregano
10 oz can Tri-Color Tomatoes
6oz Broccoli Rabe, blanched
- Drain peaches and put in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add whiskey and maple syrup to taste, season and save for plating. *If you cool this compote it will last in the fridge for a week or two, longer in freezer.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and season well on all sides.
- Transfer to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. *If dry-brining chops overnight, refrigerate, uncovered, at least 8 hours, up to 24; otherwise proceed to next step.
- When ready to cook chops, preheat oven to 250°F and season chops with pepper.
- Place baking sheet with pork chops in oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 100 to 110°F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes, or 110 to 120°F for medium, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven. *To prevent overcooking, start checking temperature 5 to 10 minutes before suggested time.
- Heat oil in a large stainless steel or cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Dust chops lightly with flour.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and an instant-read thermometer registers 120 to 130°F for medium-rare or 130 to 140°F for medium, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, transfer chops to a clean rack set in a rimmed baking sheet, and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour out fat from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon butter and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, sliced garlic and thyme until softened, stirring all the while about 2 minutes, deglaze with chicken stock.
- Turn up heat and add tomatoes, cook slightly so the colors remain separate. Toss in rabe to heat through. Remove from heat and check for seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!